Tuesday, September 17, 2013

God's Love for People

God says, "I love you with eternal love, pursuing after you with loving kindness. Whoever believes in Me and keeps My Commandments loves Me, and My Father will love those who love Me and I will love them and manifest Myself to them.

For God so loved the human race that He gave His only Son, that anyone who believes in Him will not suffer eternal death but will have eternal life."

This is love: not that we love God, but that He loves us, and sent His Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. No one has a greater love than the One who lays down His life for His friends. Dear Friend, since God loves us this much, we should love each other. We love because God first loved us. If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates another, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen. Jesus said, "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for others."

Dear Friend, I close my letter with these last words. Be a mature Christian, pay attention to what I have written, be in unity, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you always.

Now to God who is able to do all things super-abundantly beyond what we think or ask...to Him be the glory... throughout all generations, forever. Amen!

The above quotes come from these Bible texts (variety of versions): Jeremiah 31:3/ 1 John 14:21/ John 3:16/ 1 John 4:9-10/ John 15:13/ 1 John 4:11,19-20/ John 13:35/ 2 Corinthians 13:11/ Ephesians 3:19-21

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Very nice pulling together Bible verses to make them sound like they were just for us to hear and apply to our lives. Thanks for sharing your love for God this way.