Sunday, August 10, 2014

O, What a Night!

The first night we moved into our current house we had excitement! About 2 a.m., we heard unearthly sounds outside the bedroom window. Andy said he'd go outside and check on the matter. After waiting thirty minutes I made a search of the house, but could not locate Andy! Stepping outside I called out, but he did not answer!

The horrible noises continued so after calling the police and telling them the situation I closed the bedroom door and sat on the bed. Five minutes later the phone rang. Rushing to the kitchen phone (the only phone in the house) I ran into a man in the hall! He grabbed me as I hit him over and over in the chest! The deep, raspy voice said, "it's me!," but it did not sound like anyone I knew! Finally the voice began sounding coherent - it was Andy! Seems he fell asleep in the spare room and the phone woke him, he had never gone outside! The call was from the police verifying my earlier call. Andy’s explanation that no one called did not convince the officers and they came immediately. The officers checked our property for signs of an intruder, but could find nothing. What a night!!!

No comments: