Monday, February 2, 2015

Faith & Works

What good is it, if a man claims to have faith but has no works? Can such faith save him?

Someone will say, "You have faith; and I have works.
Show me your faith without works, and I will show you my faith by what I do. "

You believe there is one God? Good! But even the demons believe that and shudder.

Foolish man! Do you want evidence that faith without works is useless? Was not our ancestor Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? You see his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did! Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness; and he was called God's friend.

You see that a person is justified by what he does and not by faith alone.

As the body without breath is dead, so faith without works is dead.

From the book of James 2:14, 18-24, 26.

No comments: