Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Its Been a Rough 3 Weeks

I’ve been going thru a rough 3 weeks. Unfortunately, I was going by feeling and not by faith. Satan was getting a strong hold on my emotions, and I was confused and felt lost. I felt desperate to get back to God! How did I get to this place where I felt I had lost all faith or God had lost hold of me!? I remembered the verse that says, “I will never leave you nor forsake you,” but even this did not seem to help my feelings of despair.

Calling my friend she counseled me with prayer and Scripture and logic. I’m glad she is a retired Christian educator – she knows how to handle situations and people. She promised me that God had not forgotten me, that He was right there and had been all the time.

I read the Gospel of Matthew on my iPad and highlighted and made copious notes. I read Scripture exclusively and am being greatly benefited.

If ever you find yourself getting depressed - that God doesn’t care about you or love you - remember to read Scripture exclusively. Start reading in the Bible where you think you’ll gain the most good. (After Matthew I started reading Exodus!)

Please guard your mind against Satan’s attacks, pray always and read Holy Scripture.

By deb m

No comments: